Unique Student Identifier (USI) Number
A USI (Unique Student Identifier) is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters, which is a mandated requirement for students to pursue nationally recognized training. Also, it will allow your USI account to be linked to the National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Collection allowing you to see your training results from all providers including all completed training units and qualifications.
Why you need a USI number?
In particular, having a USI number can be beneficial for the 5 following reasons:
- Firstly, it is useful to create a secure online record of your recognized training and qualifications gained in Australia.
- Secondly, makes it easier for students to find and collate their VET achievements into a single authenticated transcript. Also, ensure that students’ VET records are not lost.
- Thirdly, access it online anywhere and anytime.
- Fourthly, it’s easy to create and is free of cost to the students.
- Fifthly, it will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognized VET course that is completed from when the USI came into effect on 1 January 2015.
The USI initiative will:
- Seamlessly link information about a student’s VET achievements (regardless of where they studied).
- Enable students to easily access secure digital transcripts of their achievements.
- Give students access to, and more control over, their educational information.
For further information or to apply for a USI, visit the official gov website.
If you wish for GSTA to apply for your USI, please contact our office on 1300 317 532.
If you already have a USI number, please ensure that you include it on your enrollment form.